The developer of the peer-to-peer protocol creating new arbitrage opportunities for institutional traders and eliminating the issues that exist with current OTC markets, SIBEX AG, has raised CHF 1.78 million (€1.61 million) in its seed funding round.
Daniel Haudenschild, CEO of SIBEX, said:
“People are rapidly realizing the value of trading digital assets, resulting in an inevitable shift towards the digitization of wealth. However, we’re still at an early stage in the development of this technology and the resulting lack of infrastructure for OTC trades can present issues that alienate institutional investors used to a certain quality of service. SIBEX is committed to solving the problems that exist while also exposing professional traders to a new world of trading strategies and opportunities. The support of Fenbushi Capital, SIX, Accomplice, and our other investment partners is invaluable in helping us to achieve this goal.”
Commenting on the investment, Bo Shen, Founding Partner, Fenbushi Capital, said:
“We’re reaching a tipping point for institutional investor interest in digital assets trading. The right infrastructure for securely and privately trading large block orders is a vital piece of the puzzle, and the SIBEX protocol is the perfect solution to fill that space. We’re extremely excited to partner with SIBEX and assist in bringing the opportunities that this platform represents to traders around the globe.”
Rob Shavell, Partner, Accomplice VC, concluded:
“Before OTC trading of digital assets can really take off and reach its full potential, institutions that are interested in entering the space need assurances of trust and stability in the peer-to-peer platform. SIBEX is taking the lead in making the vital shift to on-chain settlement in the ecosystem. Our investment is not only an endorsement of their first-class service, but also showcases the confidence we have in the technical prowess and capabilities of SIBEX’s team to create the gold-standard for the peer-to-peer trading protocol of the future.”
SIBEX received backing from China-based Fenbushi Capital; SIX, the Swiss financial infrastructure provider; and specialist blockchain investment Accomplice VC, among others.
The SIBEX peer-to-peer protocol and the SIBEX client leverage blockchain technology to remove intermediaries and enable professional traders to trade the world’s most popular crypto-assets with one another directly. Traders can choose between assets including Bitcoin, Ethereum, USDT, and ERC20 tokens and use the SIBEX client to trade them peer to peer. Unlike centralized exchanges, traders using SIBEX’s software maintain custody of their assets during trades.
By providing an institutional-grade dark pool for digital asset procurement and liquidation and enabling cross-chain transactions, the SIBEX protocol solves issues such as front-running, whereby those with advance knowledge of a large buy or sell order can manipulate the price of the asset and make a profit. By enabling traders to maintain custody of their assets throughout the trade settlement, SIBEX prevents such occurrences and increases market integrity. SIBEX is also a solution for OTC trading in commodities like oil and gold once trading in digital asset commodities grows.
For more information about SIBEX, visit: https://sibex.io/
- SIBEX Raises CHF 1.78 Million in Seed Round to Transform OTC Digital Trading – October 24, 2019
- Archax Opts for R3’s Corda for Digital Exchange DLT Infrastructure – October 18, 2019
- Dubai Property Giant Emaar to Launch Blockchain-Based Rewards and Loyalty Ecosystem – October 17, 2019
- World’s Largest Cryptocurrency-Fueled Darknet Child Pornography Website Hammered – 300+Busted – October 17, 2019
- Wanxiang Blockchain and PlatON Launch Consortium Blockchain Infrastructure in China – October 7, 2019
- PayPal Quits Facebook Cryptocurrency Project Libra – October 7, 2019
- Walmart To Use Blockchain For Shrimp – October 7, 2019
- Channel Tools adds Blockchain-Driven Verification Service Evident Proof To It’s Kit – October 7, 2019
- Zuckerberg Under Intense Pressure to Testify to US Congress about Libra – October 4, 2019
- Report: Canadian Blockchain Industry Has Some of The Highest Paid Workers in the Country – October 4, 2019
- Bavarian Company RISE Wealth Technologies with Houston-based Entoro, Launching Largest European STO to Date at USD$120 million – October 4, 2019
- October Launch Confirmation for Telegram Open Network (TON) – October 4, 2019
- Liechtenstein Parliament Passes Blockchain Act – October 4, 2019
- Pioneer of Blockchain Certification For The Visual Arts Verisart, Raises $2.5 million in Series Seed Funding – October 4, 2019
- Uruguayan Digital Party to Embrace Æternity Blockchain Technology For Member Voting – October 3, 2019
- Decentralized Trading Technology Startup Vega Raises $5 Million Seed – Pantera Capital Leads Oversubscribed Round – October 3, 2019
- Malta-Based OKEx Kicks Off Global Compliance Standards Initiative for Cryptocurrency Exchanges – October 3, 2019
- Dama Financial and Helix TCS Establish First Blockchain-Fueled, Complaint Cannabis Marketplace – October 3, 2019
- New Digital Rights Law Enacted in Russia – Establishes Basic Definition Of Tokens And Governs Smart Contracts – October 2, 2019
- Six major Japanese Brokerage Firms Establish Japan Security Token Offering Association – October 2, 2019
Also published on Medium.